- Kelvale is accredited to perform many minor surgical procedures
- Our experienced practitioners will make sure you are comfortable during procedures
Our two treatment rooms were specifically designed to enable minor surgical procedures to be undertaken. The rooms are modern and have the latest design in treatment room beds and lights.
All equipment is sterilised by our trained nurses on-site using a system called Meditrax. This ensures that adequate sterilisation temperatures have been achieved with every cycle. Each operation is recorded in the patient notes with the tag number of the equipment used.
Kelvale is equipped to perform procedures under local anaesthetic. This involves an injection of anaesthetic solution into the site to be operated on.
Kelvale also has an onsite Resuscitation Room including:
- IV Therapy and Iron Infusions (Government accredited)
The types of procedures include (but are not limited to):
- Removal of skin lesions ( scars, moles, spots etc)
- Removal of skin cancers
- Removal of cysts
- Drainage of abscesses
- Removal of foreign bodies from skin, eyes, ears
- Suturing of skin cuts from injury
- Surgical treatment of in-grown toe nails
- Removal of warts
- Dressing of wounds
- Insertion and removal of Implanons
Our treatment rooms are also used for:
- Immunisations & vaccinations
- Insertion and removal of IUD's (intra uterine contraceptive device eg. Mirena)
- Colposcopy treatment of abnormal pap smears
- Treatment of leg ulcers
- Plastering of simple fractures